Studies show that the air inside our homes is more contaminated than the air on the city streets. This is because of the different things we do at home and the stuff we keep in our houses. The odor from spoiled food in the kitchen, the smell of your favorite pet, the bathroom scent, etc. are among the things that lead to air contamination in our houses.
Inhaling contaminated air is not good for our lungs and in the long run may lead to respiratory-related diseases. This is the reason as to why you need to frequently purify your air to avail of some fresh and clean air in your house.
There are several purifiers in the market and bamboo charcoal purifiers are the best method to provide a more natural scent in your house.
There are also hundreds of manufacturers and sellers of bamboo air purifiers and at times choosing the best one can be a bit of a challenge. If you are confused about which bamboo charcoal air purifier to buy, this is article is for you.
What is a Bamboo Charcoal Purifier?
Bamboo charcoal purifiers are made from a fast-growing type of bamboo called “Moso”. Moso bamboo has the capacity of growing at a pace of 2 feet per day. So, within two or three months, Moso bamboo can have a height of up to 60 meters. This bamboo is burned under low oxygen conditions to form bamboo charcoal that is packaged in small sacks for sale as air purifiers.
Featured Product Reviews
This air purifying package is a product of Basic Concepts and is one of the most rated bamboo charcoal bags on Amazon. The activated charcoal in these bags is made out of 100% natural bamboo and doesn’t have any other extra chemicals in it.
This bamboo charcoal bag removes moisture, bad odors and pollutants from the air without adding any chemicals but by using the natural properties of bamboo charcoal. The package comes with 4 bags which you can use for purifying the air in different spaces of your home or car. The number of bags that you can use for each room entirely depends on the size of the room.
The key features of these bags include the following
The package comes with 4 bags with each bag weighing 200g. The charcoal in these bags is made from 100% natural bamboo that is eco-friendly and also safe for even people that are allergic to chemicals. With proper reactivation, the bags can last up 2 years before they need replacement.
- You get 4 x 200g bags in one package
- The activated bamboo charcoal contains no chemicals that could cause negative effects to our health
- The bags have a provision for hooks in case you want to hang them
- These bags are not appropriate for very small spaces like shoes and cars
These bamboo charcoal bags by Basic Concepts are a good bargain especially if you are looking at buying a couple of charcoal bags for purifying air in a large space. However, they may not be an economical solution for purifying the air in very tiny spaces. Just like any other bamboo charcoal bag, these are also chemical-free which makes it safe to have them even in your bedroom without worrying about any health risk.
This activated bamboo charcoal bag is made by Moso natural, one of the leading sellers of organic home accessories on amazon. This particular air purifying bag is suitable for both small and bigger spaces.
For best results, make sure you put enough bags in the particular room whose air you want to purify. These bags offer an entirely natural solution for purifying air. That’s why this type of air freshener is appropriate even for people that are allergic to chemicals.
Below are some of the major features of this air purifying bag
The activated charcoal in the bags is 100% natural and is made from a particular bamboo species called Moso. Moso natural gives you the option to either buy 1 pack, 3 packs or 5 packs. However, the more the packs you buy, the less the amount you pay per gram.
Each pack has 200g. So, if you have a bigger space, you can take advantage of the discounted rates given when you buy multiple bags of the air purifying charcoal. According to Moso natural, these air purifying bags can also be used for up to 2 years if you take good care of them especially by reactivating the bags every after a month or two.
- You can buy more than 1 pack at a discounted rate
- The activated charcoal used is 100% organic which makes it health-friendly compared to the artificial air fresheners that contain chemicals
- The packaging bags have a provision for attaching a string if you want to hang the bag
- The cost per gram is a bit high compared to other brands
These air purifying bags from Moso Natural will give you the desired results more so if you’re looking for a natural air purification solution. The bags do not contain any chemicals that could be of danger to the users. From the information provided, these bamboo charcoal air purifying bags can be effective in a space of up to 90 square feet. Their price could be slightly higher by a few dollars compared to other brands but what they offer is worth the extra dollars.
This bamboo charcoal air-purifying package is a product of Tennessee Home Goods. It comes in 2 size options that make it suitable for both large and small spaces.
This means you can effectively use this natural air-purifying solution in your living room, your bathroom, kitchen or any other space that you want to have a refreshed scent. Like any other bamboo charcoal package, regular activation will help to ensure the air purifier lasts for longer.
Here are some of the main features of this package
The activated charcoal in the bags is made from 100% bamboo. The bags of this bamboo charcoal come in two weight options that include; the one of 500g and 75g. Tennessee Home Goods sells all the sizes as one package. The package comes with 4 x 500g bags and 6 x 75g bags. 8 of the 10 bags are black and the 2 x 75g bags for the refrigerator are white.
- They come in two size options which makes them suitable for different space sizes
- Being made out of 100% bamboo, this activated charcoal doesn’t contain any chemicals that might be dangerous to your health
- They are slightly more expensive than most of the packages with the same sizes
This package of bamboo charcoal air purifying bags is suitable for both large and small spaces. The best thing is Tennessee Home Goods sells you the whole package as one. So, you can put some of the bags in your bathroom, some in your living room or any other room that you want to freshen up.
The price may be slightly higher than most of the other activated bamboo charcoal brands, but the package you get is obviously worth the price. This bamboo charcoal package is also one of the most reviewed and rated on Amazon with an average rating of 4.5/5. You can get this package from Amazon or any other home accessories store locally or on the web. But like any other activated bamboo charcoal, you will have to regularly activate the charcoal for it to last long enough.
These are bamboo charcoal bags that are meant for small spaces with their target being mainly cars. They are a product of PURGGO, one of the most rated sellers of bamboo charcoal bags on Amazon.
The activated charcoal in the bags is made from 100% natural bamboo. This means these bags are chemical-free and would even suit people that are allergic to chemicals. They are also eco-friendly which makes them safer when disposed into the environment after use.
Here are some of the main features of these bamboo charcoal bags
The charcoal in these bags is made from 100% bamboo which means they are organic and have no negative health effects. The package comes with two small bags with each bag having 55g charcoal. So the total weight of both bags is 110g.
One of the bags is lava gray in color and the other is classic beige. So you can choose any of the two colors based on which one is appealing in your eyes. These bags also have strings attached at their top for hanging the bags in case you want to. According to PURGGO, these bags can be used for up to 365 days before the need for replacement
- The charcoal in the bags is natural with no chemicals that may have negative effects on one’s health in the long run
- They are more economical especially if someone wants to purify the air in small spaces
- They have two color options
- The cost per gram for this package is way higher than most of what other brands offer to the market
The Purggo bamboo charcoal bags are ideally meant for purifying the air in small spaces. So, if you are looking for an air purifier for your living room, these bags are not meant for you. For someone looking for an air-purifying solution for their car, closet, etc. these bags will surely do a good job.
This bamboo charcoal package is from Cartman one of the top sellers of bamboo charcoal purifying bags on Amazon. The package has several size options that make it suitable for various space sizes. It is a natural air purifying solution that doesn’t contain any chemicals that might be of danger to our health in the long run.
Here are some of the major features of this air purifying package
The air purifying bags contain charcoal that is made from 100% natural bamboo. Cartman gives you four choices of sizes that you can choose from. These include; 200g x 4 + 75g x 4, 200g x 4, 200g x 2, 75g x 6 + 50g x 6. So, you can choose one based on your space size. According to Cartman, this purifier can be used for up to two years as long it is reactivated every after one month.
- These bags can be used in various space sizes since they come in different size options
- They don’t contain artificial chemicals since the activated charcoal in the bags is made from 100% bamboo
- This package is not economical for very large spaces since it will require several bags to effectively purify the air within large spaces
This air purifying package from Cartman is one of the best bamboo charcoal bags for purifying the air in the different sections of the house, car or office. It has a wide range of size options that you can choose from. However, if you intend to purify air in very large rooms, this package may not be the most economical solution. For the best results, Cartman recommends reactivating the charcoal bags at least once every month by putting the bags out in the sun for about an hour. With such maintenance, your charcoal bags can work for up to two years before you have to replace them.
These bamboo charcoal bags are made by Wyewye, one of the leading sellers of bamboo charcoal bags on Amazon. The idea of Wyewye while making these bags was to ensure one gets a two in one kind of package that can cater for both small and big spaces. It is for this reason that the bags are available in different sizes.
So, you can have one for your bedroom, one for your living room, kitchen, bathroom, car, etc. The charcoal in the bags is 100% organic which means it doesn’t contain any chemicals that could be of danger to your health.
Here are some of the main features of these bags
The bags themselves are made from well-woven linen. They’re are available in 2 size options that include; 4 bags with 500g and 6 bags with 75g. This makes a total of 2.45kg of charcoal for the whole package. The package also comes along with 4 S hooks that you can use to hang the bags. According to Wyewye, these bags can be used for up to 2 years before they lose their air-purifying efficiency if you take good care of them.
- This package is cheap compared to other brands that offer the same overall weight
- The package comes along with 4 S hooks that further saves you the burden of buying hooks for hanging
- The packaging also has 3 color options
- Being made out of natural bamboo, these air purifying bags don’t have any harm to one’s health and the environment
- The size options are not as many as they should
These air purifying bags are one of the best you will get on Amazon for less than $25. The fact that this package has both small and big bags makes it easy to distribute them within your house depending on the size of the place you want to freshen up. These packages also come along with hooks that can be of importance especially for people who want to hang the bags on the wall or any other elevated object.
This is another air purifying bag from Tennessee Home Goods. The target market for this bag are the people who want to purify the air in large spaces. It’s an extra-large kind of bamboo charcoal air purification bag which has the capacity of purifying the air in a big room even if you only place one bag.
Tennessee Home Goods has several other activated charcoal solutions for air purification but this one was made mainly for those with large spaces. The branding of the bags also makes them quite different from the rest in the market. So, you can even give out this air purifying bag as a gift to your loved ones.
Here are some of its major features
The whole package comes with one bag with activated charcoal that is made from 100% bamboo. The bag weighs 1000g which makes it ideal for very large spaces.
These bags are available in two colors that is; gray and black so you will have a choice of choosing one that blends well with your house setup. The bags also have different wordings that you can choose from depending on which one works for you.
- It has several color and branding options that you can choose from
- One bag can freshen up a large volume of space due to its size
- It can last up to two years with regular reactivation
- It is not an economical option for those who want to purify small spaces like bathrooms and cars
Like I said before about Tennessee Home Goods, bamboo charcoal air purifying bag is meant for big spaces like your living room or bedroom. The 1000g bag is capable of purifying spaces of up to 200 square feet. So theoretically one bag can be enough for your living room. The colors and branding of the bags also make them appealing to many people especially those who love artistic stuff in their houses.
This air purifying package from EcoEarth is 100% natural. The activated charcoal in the bags is made out of natural bamboo so it doesn’t contain any artificial chemicals.
These bags will remove a bad odor and all the pollutants out of the air without adding an extra scent into the air. The result is a purely fresh smell within the spaces where these bags are placed.
The bags also have different size options so you can distribute them based on the size of the target spaces/rooms.
The main features of these activated charcoal bags include the following
The charcoal in the bags is 100% natural and is made from organic bamboo. EcoEarth gives you 3 different packages that you can choose from based on the size options that are appropriate for you.
The packages are as follows; pack 1: 200g x 2 + 75g x 4, pack 2: 500g x 2, pack 3: 500g x 4. All the packages are reusable for up to 2 years. However, you will have to reactivate them every after 1 or two months to dry out the captured moisture.
- There are different size options to choose from which makes them suitable for different room sizes
- You can take advantage of the discount given for packages that have more weight
- Their price is friendly compared to other options
- The bags are available in only one color
These air purifying bags are among the best you will get for the price. EcoEarth offers different size options so you can use the bags in different places based on the size. While buying these bags, you will pay less money per gram when you buy the bigger bags. All in these bags will get the job done especially if you are looking for a natural air-purifying solution.
These bamboo charcoal air purifying bags by DTXDtech are the next product in our reviews. They are one of the leading sellers of bamboo charcoal bags on Amazon.
This package just like its name comes in large quantities and would be the most suitable type of bamboo charcoal air purifier for large spaces like your living room. The charcoal in these bags is made out of 100% organic bamboo.
Here are some of the major features for this bamboo charcoal air purifying bags
The charcoal in these bags is made from 100% natural bamboo. This means these charcoal bags purify the air using their natural properties without adding any extra smell into the space like artificial fresheners.
The whole package comes with 2 bags that have a total weight of 1kg (1000g) with each bag having 500g. Each bag has the capacity of freshening up to 100 square feet.
This means the two bags combined can freshen up 200 square feet. The packaging bag can be hanged onto a wall or any other elevated object since it has a hole at the top where you can attach a hook/string. The whole package is 11.7 x 8.4 x 2.5 inches in dimensions.
- The size of the bags is big enough to suit large spaces
- The cost of this package per gram is relatively cheaper than most bamboo charcoal air purifying bags in the market
- This purifier doesn’t contain any dangerous chemicals since it is made from 100% bamboo
- The size of the bags makes them uneconomical for small spaces like bathrooms and cars
This bamboo charcoal air purifier by DTXDTech was made for those who intend to use the purifying bags in large spaces like living rooms and bedrooms. Using them in small spaces is not an economical decision. This purifier is made from 100% bamboo which makes it safe even for people that are allergic since it doesn’t contain any chemicals that may be of danger to our health. All in all, for the price, this air purifying package is a good bargain.
This is a product of House Edition, an American company that makes home accessories. Each pack of this package comes with different sizes of bags. It will be upon you to distribute them in your house based on the size of the rooms you’ll put them.
These air purifying bags contain activated charcoal that is made from 100% organic bamboo. So, the bags don’t contain any artificial chemicals that could be of danger to your health especially people who are allergic.
Here are some of the major features of this air purifying package
The package comes with 6 bags that are in three different sizes. 1 of the bags is 500g, 3 are 200g and the other two are 75g. All the bags come with a string attached at the top that you can use to hang the bag onto the wall or any other elevated object.
The activated bamboo charcoal has the capacity of purifying the air in your house for up to 2 years if you reactivate the bags every after a month.
- The package comes in three size options so you can distribute in the house depending on the space size of your rooms
- The bags also come with strings that makes it easy to hang them if you want to
- They are relatively costly compared to other bags with the same capacity
These air purifying bags by House Edition are appropriate for those who want to use them in spaces that are of different sizes. So, you can distribute them among these spaces by size. However, they may not be the best choice if you are looking at purifying air in one big room.
Benefits of Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifiers
Bamboo charcoal is one of the best home air purifying solution because it has the following properties…
- Bamboo is antimicrobial: By nature, bamboo is antimicrobial which means all the air that passes through the bamboo charcoal leaves when all the bacteria are dead. This makes bamboo charcoal purifiers ahead of the other purifier types since most of them don’t kill bacteria while purifying the air. So, choosing bamboo charcoal as your purifier will give you the extra advantage of killing bacteria in the air on top of purifying it.
- Bamboo charcoal is a good dehumidifier: Bamboo charcoal has pores that are large enough to allow both air and water molecules to pass through. If air with a slightly high humidity passes through the bamboo charcoal purifier, some of the water will be absorbed by the charcoal and the purified air will leave with the right amount of moisture. On the other hand, if the incoming air is very dry, the charcoal will release some of the moisture into the air which in turn makes the outgoing air more moist.
- Bamboo is a natural deodorizer: Most of the artificial air purifiers/fresheners add some form of scent into the contaminated air as a way of dominating the bad smell to make the target space smell better. In cases where the bad odor in the space is so strong, these artificial air purifiers may not do a good. On the other hand, bamboo charcoal doesn’t add any new smell into the air but removes the components that bring about the bad odor in the air. At the end of the purification, the outgoing air comes out with a natural scent that smells fresh to your nose. This is the healthy air that you’re supposed to breathe and not the good scent created by chemicals in the artificial purifiers that could even be dangerous to your health.
- It removes all sorts of pollutants from the air: Besides removing the bad odor, bamboo charcoal also removes most of the pollutants from the air that could be dangerous to our health. Some of the pollutants that bamboo charcoal removes include; ammonia, carbon dioxide, benzopyrene, carbon monoxide and other components of smoke that might be present in the air.
- Long-lasting: Another reason why bamboo charcoal beats the rest of the purifiers is its capacity to be used for a long time before replacing it. Bamboo charcoal purifiers can last more than one year as long as you reactivate the charcoal every after 2 months. Reactivation means putting your pack of bamboo charcoal in direct sunlight for about 1 or 2 hours. This reactivates all its purifying properties to their original state.
- Bamboo charcoal is healthy and eco-friendly: Bamboo charcoal is 100% natural and does not contain any artificial chemicals. With this kind of purifier, the purified air that is distributed in the room will also be natural which is good for the health. It is also safer to dispose off bamboo charcoal bags without worrying that they will have any negative impact on the environment.
Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
I am going to take you through some of the key things you need to look at while choosing the best bamboo charcoal purifier that will suit your needs. Let’s dig in…
Size of room or space whose air you want to purify
While buying the bamboo charcoal air purifier, it is important to know where exactly you’re going to place the charcoal bags. Bamboo charcoal purifiers can be used in a wide range of spaces that may include; Trash cans, gym lockers, gym bags, closets, bedrooms, cars, shoes, pet runs, cabinets, drawers, kitchen, bathroom, kitchen, freezer, etc.
The size of the space will determine the size and number of bamboo charcoal bags you should buy. For instance, your living room may require about 3 or 4 200g charcoal bags for effective purification. On the other hand, 2 150g bamboo charcoal bags may be enough for your car or bathroom. So, don’t buy the charcoal bags before knowing the size of the space you’re going to purify.
Amount of charcoal packed in each bag
Most sellers always sell the bamboo charcoal bags in sets of 6 or more. Before buying, it is important to know the size of each bag. This is because smaller bags are more appropriate for small spaces and may require putting many bags if you want to use them in big spaces.
If you want to purify the air in big spaces it is more economical to buy bamboo charcoal bags that are bigger (at least 200g per bag). The price of buying a 200g pack will always be lower than the price of buying 4 bags of 50g each. So, you’re better off buying bags of a larger size if you intend to use them in a bigger space. On the other hand, it is also not economical to buy big bags if you intend to use them in small spaces.
Before buying a bamboo charcoal purifier, it is important to have a rough estimate of what you are willing to spend. Bamboo charcoal bags come in different price ranges and the price always determines the quality and quantity you’ll get.
If you don’t have a big budget, it is better to buy a smaller size of bamboo charcoal bag of good quality than buying a poor quality or fake one. This is because bamboo charcoal bags of good quality will always do a better filtering job and also last longer.
Only the best bamboo charcoal bags can last up to 2 years if taken good care of. On the other hand, poor-quality bamboo charcoal will no longer be effective after about 3 to 6 months. So, at the end of the day, it is more economical to buy a better-quality product that will last longer and give better results even though the quantity is smaller.
The quality of the packaging of the bamboo charcoal has an impact on how efficient and effective it will work. Ensure you get one that has good quality packaging that can easily allow contaminated air in and purified air out.
Most of the sellers give warranty for their bamboo charcoal purifiers. If you are buying one, make sure you buy from a seller who gives at least 6 months of warranty. Ideally, one year should be the target. Bamboo charcoal air purifiers can last more than one year if taken good care of.
So, a seller who is sure of what they are selling will not hesitate to give you 6 months or even one year of warranty. Any seller giving a warranty of less than 6 months should get you thinking whether what they are selling is genuine.
Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifier Care Advice
How to get the best out of the bamboo charcoal purifier
The air purification results of the bamboo charcoal purifier do not only depend on the type of purifier you buy but also how you use and maintain the purifier. A purifier that is properly taken care of will do the purification job well and also last longer.
Here are some tips on how you should use the bamboo charcoal purifier to get the best results…
Place the purifier in a cool and dry place
Whether you want to purify the air in your car or your living room, you must always place the bags containing the bamboo charcoal in a cool and dry place. This ensures they are always in a good moisture state to get the job done.
Bamboo charcoal that is highly moisturized does not effectively suck pollutants and bad odors out of the air. If by accident you drop the bamboo charcoal bag in water, make sure you take it out to the sun for drying as soon as possible.
Reactivate the bamboo charcoal purifier every after 2 months
Reactivation basically means putting the bamboo charcoal bags out in the sun for at least one or two hours. This is meant to dry out any moisture content that might be in the bamboo charcoal.
Reactivation is what will make the air purifier to work for over one year without the need for replacement. Every time the charcoal bags are reactivated, they perform almost to the level of the new ones. However, in the situation where you think the charcoal bag has got wet before two months, you can reactivate them at that very moment.
Use the right weight and spacing
While using charcoal bags, you will realize that the best results are always got when you use more than one bag, especially for big spaces. As you put out the charcoal bags in your house, you need to mind the space in between them. For instance, for small spaces like the bathroom, you may put 2 bags of about 80 to 100g. Big spaces like your living room may require about 3 or 4 bags that weight about 150g each. If you put a particular number of charcoal bags in a room and you feel like they are not doing enough purification, you can add in more bags one at a time till purification reaches a satisfactory level.
Put them in open spaces
Unless you aim to purify the air in a small confined space, bamboo charcoal purifiers work best when placed in an open space where air will easily find them. With the purifier in open space, contaminated air will easily get into the charcoal bag for purification and also the purified air will easily be distributed in the room. If possible, you can hang your bamboo charcoal purifier bags since most of the bags come with a provision for hanging.
Bamboo charcoal purifiers are the favorite for many people especially those looking for eco-friendly and healthy air purification solutions. The bamboo charcoal packed in these bags is 100% natural and uses its natural properties to remove pollutants, extra moisture and all the components that cause air to have a bad odor. These air purification bags also cost almost the same price as the artificial ones. So you have no excuse for not going natural.
To get the best from a bamboo charcoal purifier, you need to take good care of it especially by frequently reactivating it when the need arises. You also need to be careful while distributing the bamboo charcoal bags in the target space. Make sure the distance between each bag is enough for effective purification. Manufacturers always indicate the purification radius of each bag. So, you can base on this to determine the spacing.
But all in all, bamboo charcoal purifiers are a good purification solution for any kind of space as long you use it right.