Most Comfortable Bamboo Yoga Wear for Women
Yoga is a great way for women to get fit and “stay healthy”. But yoga requires us to bend and twist in many positions, some are tough and uncomfortable.
Yoga clothes made from bamboo are becoming more and more popular for that reason alone. Bamboo yoga clothing can make your daily yoga routine more comfortable and (relaxing).
If you’re just starting yoga or an expert, the yoga clothing you wear everyday, can make a huge difference.
Why I only use Bamboo Yoga Wear
Hi, my name is Molly. And I’ve been keeping in shape with yoga for several years. Almost the same time our daughter “Amy” was born and we switched our bedding to bamboo sheets.
I noticed how soft and comfortable bamboo bedding was and figured I would give bamboo yoga clothing a try. It was amazing how soft and comfortable the bamboo yoga pants from “Fishers Finery” were.
Don’t get me wrong! It’s not a magic pill that made me slimmer or more energetic. But my bamboo yoga clothes kept me drier, more relaxed and comfortable during my yoga routine.
Benefits of Bamboo Yoga Clothing
There are many benefits to wearing bamboo clothing. Trying to stay as “Green” & “Eco-Friendly” as possible, I researched the benefits of bamboo compared to cotton, spandex and other fabrics. Here are the most noticeable benefits my bamboo yoga clothing provides:
- Moisture Wicking- Bamboo naturally wicks away moisture better than other fabrics. So my bamboo yoga pants and bamboo yoga shirt, kept me drier during my routine.
- Softness and Comfort- Bamboo yoga wear is also very soft and natural feeling. Not “plasticy” like synthetic fabric, or cheap and bland like some cotton yoga wear. So I felt good changing into them and comfortable wearing them around the gym and house.
- Breathable- I always hated the way the cotton yoga pants stuck to my legs during my yoga routine. My bamboo yoga pants, are more breathable and don’t feel sticky at all.
- Strong and Durable- Another great benefit bamboo fabric has over many other fabrics is Durability. Yoga clothing made from bamboo is made-to-last. It won’t fall apart easily from all the stretching and washing.
- Odor Resistant- Bamboo yoga clothing resists odor better than synthetics and cotton. I still only wear my yoga pants and shirts once per routine and wash them before using them again. For that reason I have “several sets”.
5 Yoga Tips for Busy Women
I don’t claim to be an expert in yoga at all. But I’d like to share some tips I’ve been using to help stay-in-shape and keep to my yoga routine.
- Spend time in the positions you enjoy most- We all enjoy certain yoga positions more than others. Try spending more time in the positions you enjoy to breeze through your routine.
- Setting the mood- I find my yoga routine much more enjoyable and satisfying (when the mood is right). Try some different scented oils and playing calming music.
- Join a gym or Yoga Class- Even as a busy mom, I made it a point to join a Yoga class when I first started. You’ll be surprised what you can learn from just a few classes.
- Get Comfortable Yoga Clothing- Putting on a comfortable yoga shirt and pants helps you get in your zone and stay in the tougher positions “longer”.
- Sync your schedule- I find it much easier to sync my routine with a daily show I like to watch or listen to at home. Find a show that comes on daily and start your routine with it.
As a busy mom, practicing yoga everyday doesn’t come easy for me. I’ve tried many things to help me stay motivated with my daily yoga routine.
Switching to yoga wear (made from bamboo fabrics) gave me exactly what I was looking for. It Looks Good, Feels Great and Benefits the Environment.
Here are a few bamboo yoga shirts and pants I’ve tried and loved. I’m sure you’ll love them too.
What are your favorite bamboo yoga wear? Let us know in the comments below.