Wooden accessories are changing the game. How? This is notably so since wood has taken over many metal and plastic accessories in the recent past. A prime example of this type of accessories is bamboo sunglasses.
The models of these specific sunglasses are eco-friendly. They are toxin-free, sustainable bamboo products, which keep chemicals away from the face.
However, with the emergence of natural wood sunglasses, bamboo frames aim to resolve a common issue people have. The problem is the low durability of wooden sunglasses. Bamboo wooden sunglasses aims to be affordable and lightweight while being durable at the same time.
But which Bamboo Sunglasses are the Best ones for you?
In this article you will find the answer to that and much more. We have included full reviews of the most popular bamboo frame glasses complete with pros and cons.
We address the durability and different styles of the different bamboo sunglasses. You will find various Care-Tips and different choices to consider when shopping for the Best Bamboo Sunglasses. We also provide some advice to protect and maintain your bamboo shades.
Introduction to Bamboo Sunglasses
Bamboo sunglasses made a debut in the early 2000’s and since then, they’ve become a craze. What makes them very well-received is their well-defined look and feel. They are also preferable in that the companies that make them are environmentally friendly. The most unique feature of most bamboo sunglasses are their ability to float in water while plastic and metal frame sunglasses sink.
According to market reviews, bamboo sunglasses are growing in popularity and becoming the best wood framed glasses. They have different styles that include: combined bamboo, polarized, non-polarized, pure bamboo, classic style, vintage inspired, and more.
Not only are the frame glasses more lightweight, but they are also UV blocking sunglasses that provide proper eye care. For the outdoor person, they are a healthy choice for the eyes that serve to prevent permanent damage to the eyes against the UVA/UVB rays.
The article will discuss benefits of the sunglasses and how to handle them.
Best Bamboo Sunglasses Comparison Chart
Below you will find our Easy-to-Read comparison chart with all the main features and benefits of the most popular bamboo sunglasses on Amazon. This will surely help you choose the best style and perfect features that’s right for you.
Feel free to leave a comment on our Facebook page to have your favorite pair of bamboo eyewear reviewed and added to our chart.
|Photo||Bamboo Pillow Name||Main Features||Link|
|Polarized Bamboo Sunglasses|
by 4EST Shades
|Lightweight Bamboo Wood|
Sunglasses by Wise Owl
|Charcoal Bamboo Eyewear|
Fulle Reviews of the Best Bamboo Eyewear
The sunglasses are also designed in quite a number of ways. An example of known design is the polarized bamboo sunglasses for men and women. They look good on everyone and keep the eyes protected from exposure to harmful ultraviolet waves. That’s thanks to layered polarized lenses, polarizing films and UV blocking coatings.
There are many brands of bamboo sunglasses to choose from. Below are reviews of the best selling styles and brands found on Amazon to help you find the perfect ones for any style and budget.
Woodies makes bamboo eyewear with mirror lenses. This is the most popular design that people are buying on Amazon. These sunglasses are very durable, and Woodies provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. The bamboo shades also have 100% real bamboo arms that support a wayfarer style frame.
The bamboo Woodies uses is sturdy enough to ensure durability. In addition, they include stainless-steel and double spring hinges that adds to its sturdiness. This reinforcement keeps them in shape even after several years of wearing.
Other perks of this brilliant design are; the shades come with fun stickers, fun cards, a cloth wipe, and hard case. The bamboo feels great on the side of the head and the polarized lens is amazing too. They are well made and look great.
The Cloudfield handmade wooden bamboo sunglasses are the next pair in our review. They boast an all-natural wood frame that’s handmade making them unique and comfortable to wear for long hours. This specific brand is hand-selected and packaged in the USA guaranteeing quality.
Based on the make-up, it will make one feel and look great because it displays a fascinating throwback style with a modern flair. To sum up, the polarized UV400 lenses offer protection against UVA and UVB rays.
They come in a wonderful bamboo case, they are super comfortable, good for driving, very easy to work with, and the frames look really great. On the downside, this specific frame is extremely fragile.
The 4est bamboo wood sunglasses are everything one would like to feel and see on sunglasses.
With a lightweight bamboo frame that floats on water. This makes them ideal for water adventures like kayaking, paddle boarding, wake-boarding, skiing, boating, surfing, deep sea fishing and relaxing at the deep end of the pool.
The design is conspicuous for the custom artwork engraved into the arms of the wood frame. Every pair of this brand has a custom Shiner microfiber pouch for a convenient storage place. The UV400 polarized lens gives out a crystal clear vision that protects the eyes for the rays of the sun during exploration. The quality of the lens is amazing and the shades fit just right on most faces.
For a cool, unisex pair sunglasses, the Wise Owl Polarized Unisex Sunglasses are great. One major concern with the shades is fragility as mentioned on the outset. That is not the case with this brand. They come with double spring hinges which allow the arms of the sunglasses to hyper-extend 15 degrees so as to prevent damage on the frame.
The feature of the double spring hinges keeps them in place no matter the size and shape. They are also equipped with premium quality of 1.1 mm polarized lenses and UV400 protection to block up to 100 percent UVA and UVB waves. The polarized lenses possess 13 percent transmittance. Besides, they boast a uniquely crafted keyhole nose to assure the wearer that the frame will not slip down the nose.
Another interesting design of this type of shades is classic bamboo wooden sunglasses. They are outstanding for their UV400 rated lenses that absorb more than 99 percent of harmful UVA and UVB wavelength to keep the eyes well protected. They last longer as they are well made and their lens is non-polarized.
Finally, bamboo sunglasses are preferred for a unique look especially for those who want vintage looks. The only problem is they are a bit narrow if one first wears them.
Ultimate Guide to Bamboo Sunglasses
Currently, materials composed of bamboo are getting a lot of attention. The reason behind this is the tree itself is harvested; hence, it is eco-friendly. It is also one of the fastest growing trees on the earth meaning Bamboo can be used to make different items without fear of tampering with the environment. The latest product in fashion made out of bamboo is its sunglasses.
Sunglasses made with bamboo are better and comfortable. It is the obvious choice because of its natural properties and the light feel of these sunglasses, unlike other wooden sunglasses. The sunglasses look cool and unique. Sustainability is the future, therefore, this makes this material the future of sunglasses.
To avoid choosing flimsily made sunglasses, it is paramount to go through a buyer’s guide. Equipped with more details, a buyer’s guide prevents one from settling for the sunglasses that give the wrong fit. Here are 4 important factors to consider when buying bamboo shades:
- The quality of the lens- the lenses are responsible for the performance of bamboo lenses. Ensure the sunglasses of choice have polarized lenses to give out a crystal clear vision. Additionally, make sure the same lenses have a high UV rating of up to UV400 to protect the eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Color and style-with the variety of colors and style the bamboo shades come in, opt for a low profile but a cool color that blends well with most of the outfits. One can consider men’s or women’s or even the unisex type of sunglasses.
- The Fit- ensure you choose a pair that fits perfectly. How do you know it’s a perfect fit? They do not come off the face anyhow. I recommend checking the width and the length of the lens for a perfect fit.
- The durability of the sunglasses- it is an inevitable incidence for them to break. Since the frames are made with bamboo wood, they’re rigid and durable as well. This calls for buying those with sturdy frames. It’s possible by taking advantage of double-hinged frames. Also, ensure the lenses of the sunglasses are scratch resistant and strengthened.
The History of Using Bamboo to Make Sunglasses
Plastic has posed an immense problem for wildlife and also in water bodies causing many public health problems as a result. Scholars report that there is too much plastic in the world. Furthermore, manufacturing plastic brings about a host of pollution and health problems. Research also shows micro-plastic is present in some foods.
With many alternatives available, there is no need for plastic. Any time we get to choose non-plastic alternatives as we shop, we should. Bamboo sunglasses entered the fashion world just at the right time as a non-plastic alternative for eye-wear and for regular glasses as well.
Benefits of Bamboo Frame Sunglasses
There are numerous benefits that go hand in hand with wearing these shades. Bamboo sunglasses are…
- Lightweight- Sunglasses that companies make with bamboo, are lighter and come in a variety of stylish fashions. This is an important factor since most people only wear shades for health concerns. Others may wear them to improve the way they feel or how they look.
- UV Protection- They offer unmatched levels of UV protection. Naturally, bamboo fibers act as a shield against the UV rays; repelling up to 93 percent of the harmful rays. In addition, they indicate that an individual cares about sustainable materials and a better future for themselves and the planet.
- Eco-Friendly- For its growth, Bamboo does not need pesticides, in that manner, it protects the person and the environment from hazardous contaminants.
- Sustainable- When compared to several kinds of materials used in the manufacture of frames for sunglasses, bamboo is the most sustainable to a large extent. It is nature’s most sustainable resource. The reason why is, bamboo needs virtually no water for its growth. Also, their roots don’t die after harvesting, making it grow faster.
- Water-Resistant- They are ideal for water sports and swimming because the frames float in the water. You will not lose your favorite shades at sea.
- Stylish- They are timeless, unique and also stylish owing to the fact that most of them are handmade. You can find these cool bamboo shades in various fun colors and trendy shapes. Even though the frames are wooden, shapes such as circles, squares, cat-eyes and semi-rimless styles, are still possible. Some frames have vintage inspired themes. Consequently, the awesome sunglasses will never be un-trendy.
- Durable- Bamboo is among the most durable and superior materials making them perfect for sunglasses frames.
Care Tips for Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
- Remove the sunglasses carefully from the package. Ensure that there is no contact with sharp objects that would scratch the lenses.
- Some bamboo sunglasses come with a protective case and microfiber cloth for cleaning. But in case yours didn’t include either, buying them will increase the life and provide protection of the bamboo shades. Be sure the case has a microfiber lining as well.
- To avoid scuffs and scratching the lenses, ensure that you only use a microfiber cloth to clean the sunglasses after wearing them.
- Whenever the sunglasses are not in use, it is advisable to keep them in a sturdy case for ultimate protection.
- On the lenses, do not use random cleaning solutions like Windex or generic glass cleaners. Use only a trusted and high quality sunglass-cleaner bought from a reliable brand to prevent harm on the lenses and on the frame.
- For swimming or water sports, get a string attachment to keep the bamboo frames from floating away.
- Repair your glasses- it is common for the tiny screws to fall out particularly the ones that hold the frame. For a few dollars, get a tiny screwdriver and a repair kit that has tiny replacement screws. Keep the kit handy to tighten up the screws or to replace them in case they fall out.
You can find many brands of bamboo sunglasses on Amazon. If you’re interested in buying a pair, but not sure which one is right for you, this article outlines the most popular designs and features to help you decide. We also went over how to choose the best pair of bamboo glasses for your budget.
Bamboo is a great material that companies use to make some of the softest bamboo sheets, fluffiest bamboo pillows and most durable bamboo underwear. Feel free to leave a comment below if you would like to share your experience with your favorite bamboo eyewear.